Heater leakage and heater motor always on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Over

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2020
Tyumen, Siberia
This evening was rainy. My friend, who seats on the right front seat said that he feels how the water drips on his boots. It’s not an antifreeze it was just a water. Also the heater core is new. Think the water comes by heater air intake below the right wiper. Any solution, guys, to prevent this leakage? I think about a vertical half of 2 liter plastic bottle as a cap above it, I saw this on old Fords with the same problem, by maybe you know a better solution?

The other problem with heater is the always working heater motor. It runs at slow speed even the heater is in Off position. On the other hand it changes its speed only in Hi position. Other speeds are dead. Checked the heater resistor module with multimeter - there is no open circuits. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
This is a very common problem, its ussually one of a few issues.
1: Plugged drain in the bottom of the heater box
2: Dried out seam sealer allowing water to seep in between the heater box and firewall.
3: Dried out sealer around the window/ missing the plastic piece in the corners of the windshield.

Reactions: 1 user

Game Over

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2020
Tyumen, Siberia
This is a very common problem, its ussually one of a few issues.
1: Plugged drain in the bottom of the heater box
2: Dried out seam sealer allowing water to seep in between the heater box and firewall.
3: Dried out sealer around the window/ missing the plastic piece in the corners of the windshield.
What about plastic piece? I have one, which looks like brick with the hole in the middle, but don’t know where is it need to be

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The plastic piece looks like a sheet of plastic, about 12 inches x 6 inches that is glued in placed in the lower corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor