HELP Heatercore hookup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
A noob seeking knowledge:

I am quite confused right now, since I haven't found any tech infos on this matter. The setup for the heatercore on my Lemans was this:

Hot water goes from the intake manifold to the heatercore, and returns from there into the waterpump.

However, A cleaner look under my hood would be achieved by rerouting the "used" coolant from the heater core directly into the radiator and plug the hole on the waterpump. Is this safe?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
A noob seeking knowledge:

I am quite confused right now, since I haven't found any tech infos on this matter. The setup for the heatercore on my Lemans was this:

Hot water goes from the intake manifold to the heatercore, and returns from there into the waterpump.

However, A cleaner look under my hood would be achieved by rerouting the "used" coolant from the heater core directly into the radiator and plug the hole on the waterpump. Is this safe?

Not sure how much "cleaner" it is since you still have just as many hoses, just longer distances.

Aside from that, I wouldn't since it could disrupt the flow pattern of the coolant through the radiator to have multiple inlet flows.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
You also have to remember that the flow through the heater core is also used as a bypass for when the thermostat is closed and aids in purging air out of a cooling system when repairs are done. You didn't state what year your Lemans is. Take a couple pics under the hood and post and let me look at it

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It was designed that way for a purpose so you'll need to find what the purpose is and how you can modify it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor