Hei coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
Hi i have a hei coil and the yellow tach wire burned up. The wire from the tach itself to the coil is fine. Any ideas on what would cause that?

Attachments

• Message_1649940769595.jpg
    Message_1649940769595.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Looks to be aftermarket.... mostly cheap china stuff, but regardless, what brand is it, how old is the coil and by the looks of the wire insulation, too much current flowed through it, like a short inside the coil possibly.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
Looks to be aftermarket.... mostly cheap china stuff, but regardless, what brand is it, how old is the coil and by the looks of the wire insulation, too much current flowed through it, like a short inside the coil possibly.
I believe its a bosh. Its only a month old. I knew something was up cause car started to run like crap then stalled out and wouldnt start. I do have an extra ac delco coil but didnt put in.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I am thinking that you have a secondary ignition issue which is causing the coil to draw to much amperage. How does the car run? Does it skip or misfire?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
If it is a factory tach I would guess it is the filter is going bad. If aftermarket it is the tach going bad.

dadep76

Greasemonkey
May 11, 2021
I am thinking that you have a secondary ignition issue which is causing the coil to draw to much amperage. How does the car run? Does it skip or misfire?
It did have a little miss then gradually got worse till it stalled and wouldnt start. I put new coil in and ran her and got home and car seemed to wanna run w a miss again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor