hei distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
mine too and that was just a points dist. he would also charge up some capacitors and tape them to the bottom of the toilet seat to cure the slacker in class.
slacker.jpg

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
My shop teacher in High School, what seems like 100 years ago, had charged capacitors in a drawer in the front of the room. If he caught anyone napping in his class, he'd yell your name and toss one at you and yell catch.

It was amazing, since 90% would just subconsciously catch it in their half awake state.

Go forbid you do that today with all the delicate butterflies in the classrooms

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
the stock hei in my 1980 olds has a extra terminal on my module to hook up to a vacuum sensor to advance timing. it took me awhile to figure this out. could i put a regular module in instead?
Yes, I have done it. That is a unique module.

Reactions: 1 user

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
yes unique is one of the words i called it. can i put a module out od a chev in instead.? not sur if the old module is any good , it had an under the hood fire from some stupid kid trying to steal the car while it was being worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor