Hellcat Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Anyone else get permission from their spouse to do this? We figure the bottom is going to fall out of the market with the Demon coming and now may very well be the time to act in order to get one in decent condition.

Hopefully we can get rid of the TBSS and move into a manual trans, low option, Challenger. As both of the girls are now in forward facing car seats this opens a world of opportunity for vehicle selection.

I kind of want a white one.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Go for it - have you checked on insurance rates.

Nope, I am not concerned about the rates in the slightest - and here is why: To date I have a perfect driving record, am north of 35 years old (headed toward 40 - :eek:), live outside of a major metropolitan city, wouldn't use it for commuting (would be listed as a pleasure use vehicle), have a multi-car/residence policy, no claims from a moving incident, and so on. I am the perfect potential owner. LOL!

Our insurance company knows that our TBSS is supercharged and fully hot-rodded/modified and the only thing that changed with the rates was the agreed value it is ensured for base upon the 3rd party appraisal.

Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
you plan on doing anything with the hellcat or just drive it for what it is?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
you plan on doing anything with the hellcat or just drive it for what it is?

That is a slippery slope, my friend.

Tune it maybe? A staggered tire/wheel package for sure.

I just have to wait for the bubble to burst - the market is saturated with the damn things brand new sitting on lots all over Canada and the US.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Once the Demon was announced and the specs were made public I was not surprised how many owners (if they truly were owners?) on a Hellcat forum were crying because they knew the bottom was going to drop on prices. Some were upset because they were not the top dog anymore. To each their own. Just like computers, cell phones, etc, some just have to have the latest, greatest, and fastest. Again, to each their own.

I love it because all those used Hellcats will hit car lots or Craiglists and it should be a buyers market. Just like with cell phones I get great deals on last years top dog because of all the people again having to have the newest and how quickly that "great phone, car, etc" is now junk???

My only thought is what happens when Ford, GM, or Chrysler come out with the 1000 hp car? The Demon is close but I just look at a regular production 1000 hp motor as a holy grail number. Plus the 707 hp Hellcat motor is going into a SUV and who knows what else in the future? Next year when things calm down around here for me I would love to get a used Hellcat and I bet I can save a ton of money then all of those who paid over sticker to get one.

Good luck in your Hellcat hunt. I drove a friends '14 Hemi Challenger a few years back and it had some minor mods and pulled really strong. I can just imagine another 250 hp in that car. Yikes!

• Agree

jadigen

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2017
S.Jersey
you really think the demon will drive the hellcat pricing down? i'm not convinced of that.. the demon is a one trick pony.. straight line car. the hell cat does it all. comfort, handle, straight line and stop. way different car. i guess the money guys that have to have that highest hp garage art may blow out their hellcats for a demon but not sure the enthusiast type that own hellcats will be so quick to sell..

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I vote for keeping the TBSS and making it faster.

If not...Challenger R/T Scat pack + whipple supercharger = faster than a hellcat for under 40k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor