Hello All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
New here from London Ontario Canada. Sometimes thing just come and find you. I have been looking for a couple of years for a special interest vehicle project and was not really looking for a G Body, looking for something older. I then found out about a 1980 Grand Pix SJ that the original owner was looking to sell. He has not winter driven this car and oiled the body almost yearly so it is in good shape. So I bought it . I went thought the car and other than brakes and tires the car passed the safety without a hitch. However because the car has sat for the past 4 years the rear main seal has started leaking. The 301 has a rope rear seal. because you have to pull the engine and flip it over, pull the crank to do the seal properly and hope for the best i figured that i might just as well do another engine. looking around i realized that an LS swap might just be the best thing to do and that led me here. Looks like a great forum with LOTs of friendly people with tons of know how and ingenuity.

IMG_0968.jpg IMG_0969.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Welcome aboard. Sweet ride. Keep it all Pontiac, I'd put a 400 or 455 in that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
That is one sweet GP...equipped nicely, too. Good score.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum from northeast of Toronto. I enjoyed your story, and your GP looks like a nice car (thanks for sharing the photos). If you're on Facebook, there is a Facebook page for a group called the G Body club of Ontario (GCO), that's worth checking out.
Depending on how involved you want to get, the LS swap can get expensive. If you're looking for something a little more budget friendly, you might want to consider a 350 or 400 Pontiac engine. Physically, they're the same size as the 301, and don't require as many modifications to install. If you pair that up with a 200R4 overdrive transmission, you'll have a nice cruiser. Just a thought.
Once again, welcome. Please keep us up to date with your progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from SW Georgia. Nice ride. No friendly people here , we are just good at lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor