442 Hello everyone! I’m new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I had an eaton carrier and true track set up with all arp bolts. The ring gear was also wire tied. Anyway it broke 3 of the main cap bolts and put the carrier part way out the cover....
I hope you mean safety wire, not wire ties! :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
I am looking for a heat only (heater box) so I can finally change over the heads to a full roller. Not enough room to do it with the heat/ac box that’s in it now

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
Short poly locks and dimple the oil baffles where they contact. It's a myth that they don't fit under stock covers.
I cut the baffle plates out of the inside of the valve covers, I’m having issues finding the short polys, one set it 1.25 tall and the other is 1.10 tall, my other issue is I can barely get the passenger side valve cover on and off now as it is due to the heat/ac box. At one time I was going to hook the ac back up but I have decided to go another route since then

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I cut the baffle plates out of the inside of the valve covers, I’m having issues finding the short polys, one set it 1.25 tall and the other is 1.10 tall, my other issue is I can barely get the passenger side valve cover on and off now as it is due to the heat/ac box. At one time I was going to hook the ac back up but I have decided to go another route since then
You could go Vintage Air, which moves everything under the dash and still have A/C and have plenty of room for the passenger side rocker cover.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I had an eaton carrier and true track set up with all arp bolts. The ring gear was also wire tied. Anyway it broke 3 of the main cap bolts and put the carrier part way out the cover....
Holy crap, what are the specs on your 455? An 8.5" built like that should be good for 500+ ft lbs. What stall are you running?

Reactions: 1 user

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
Holy crap, what are the specs on your 455? An 8.5" built like that should be good for 500+ ft lbs. What stall are you running?
She’s stroked (forged crank)balanced rotating assembly .040 over bore, halo girdle, Engle cam, 11:1 cr. , zinc filled and full ported old school mondello heads ( pre 2002 era), 2in primary tube headers 3.5 collector, air gap duel plane intake with a quick fuel 830 mechanical secondaries, 32-3400 stall non lock up ,

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, it sounds very potent, probably pushing 600 ft/lbs. Your 455 was obviously built right, not so easy as many have bottom end issues. Stock rods? What rpm are you shifting at? I am betting you are flashing past the 3400 rpm rating on your converter. Who built your 2004R? Still, the 8.5" should have held but obviously didn't. This is why people love the Olds 455 because it can break pretty heavy duty components with its torque. All around a very nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor