442 Hello everyone! I’m new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
Yeah, it sounds very potent, probably pushing 600 ft/lbs. Your 455 was obviously built right, not so easy as many have bottom end issues. Stock rods? What rpm are you shifting at? I am betting you are flashing past the 3400 rpm rating on your converter. Who built your 2004R? Still, the 8.5" should have held but obviously didn't. This is why people love the Olds 455 because it can break pretty heavy duty components with its torque. All around a very nice car.
Running a bbc rod, art Carr built the 2004r and so far it’s held up great but it is changed over to non lockup , at the track I shift around 58-6000. Putzing around town I usually shift about 52-5500

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I figured Art Carr did it, they prefer non lock up. With an aftermarket rod, BBC rod makes sense, smaller journals. That is screaming those big 3" mains. Sounds like an awesome set up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
The motor has been very reliable. Better than “like a rock”.

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
I figured Art Carr did it, they prefer non lock up. With an aftermarket rod, BBC rod makes sense, smaller journals. That is screaming those big 3" mains. Sounds like an awesome set up.
The motor has almost 14yrs on it... only problem now is the rocker arm nutz keep backing off. I tried comps short polys but they are a no go, I found a set of Elgin’s that are .712 tall I’m thinking of giving them a try. Only other issue is the oil pressure is a bit lower than its ever been but still holds 40-45psi at idle and jumps right up to 60 with slightest bump of the throttle

Nitro442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
I have all the parts lined up and think I may just build 434 cu in dx....just for the stoutness of the block and sturdiness for the higher rpms....

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Man, thats a really good looking car

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those oil pressure numbers like good, what weight of oil? Make sure you crank on the poly locks or they tend to back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor