hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

montercr82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2017
Hey everyone. So I'm from ohio lived here my whole life. Always loved monte carlos. First one I've owned my dad passed down to me. 79 with a 305. Spun a rod bearing and car sat so long landlord tripped. Ex got rid of it while I was at work. So saving up I ended up finding the one I own now. An 82 with a mildly built 350. Not sure on the internals but I'm thinking it has a mild cam, weidman intake, edelbrock 600cfm, headman headers and a aftermarket hi flow radiator and fan powering a stock th350 with stock rearend for $1500 on craigslist. Other than that I've had to put a new brake booster and master cylinder. Frame looks great body is pretty good also. Needs floorboards but its a nice project. Let me know what you think. I do have some vacuum line problems for my heat I can't quite figure out though.
20160219_175840.jpg
20160219_175840.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
The rust on the roof will need to be properly cutout and have a patch welded in. If not, it's all going to bubble up and open up again. Bondo alone will not make a permanent repair.

montercr82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2017
Thank you. Yea I cut it out and welded it back shut. The bondo I know isn't a permanent fix. It used to have a soft top I'm gonna need to weld a piece for the roof seam that was covered by the soft top

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor