Hello from a college student!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1Heisenberg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2017
West Lafayette, IN
Hello all! I hail from the Cincinnati, OH area and I'm currently going to school at Purdue University. But enough about me, let me talk about my cars! I have a 1988 GMC S-15 with that wonderful 2.8 and a 700r4 and a 1986 Olds Cutlass with perhaps the most questionable decision GM has ever made in the LT1 swapped in from a 96 Caprice backed by that venerable 4l60E. (I bought it half swapped in, yes I had to replace the Optispark) I also have a 2009 Impala that gets me around a little more reliably than the others. I've been into cars for as long as I can remember and was brought into G-Bodies by a 1981 Malibu belonging to my Uncle, which was his first car and one of my favorite all-time cars. I'll share some pictures of my cars, hope to hear from some of you! S15 CList Pic.jpg WP_20160806_11_22_06_Pro (2).jpg

Reactions: 2 users

The1Heisenberg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2017
West Lafayette, IN
Thanks! I put a reman AC-Delco Opti in but it still seems to have slight misfire to it, all after a new coil and ICM so I'm a little lost on it right now. Obviously with school it's not my first priority but I would still like to get it running right.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool cars.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Love the S15. It needs a SBC or LS swap with a 5 or 6 speed stick.

The1Heisenberg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2017
West Lafayette, IN
Love the S15. It needs a SBC or LS swap with a 5 or 6 speed stick.
When the 2.8 craps out I plan on building my first engine, hopefully a 350. I actually want to keep the 700r4, but I know I'll need a different one since the bolt pattern is different. I've already swapped in a 3.42 rear end from a newer blazer with discs.

Reactions: 2 users

The1Heisenberg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2017
West Lafayette, IN
Welcome from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. May I ask what you're studying?
I'm in Mechanical Engineering Technology and also going through Air Force ROTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor