Hello from Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scurge79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2017
Florida
Hello everyone! I bought my 79 malibu back in 1995 as a daily driver. I drove it for five years or so before i took it off the road intending to go to work on her. So between raising 2 kids, work, and just general lack of funds , the project took a back seat...then in 2007, the tornado hit. Although our home was destroyed, somehow, the malibu escaped serious injury, although, there was a large gash in the passenger side quarter panel,broken tail lights and alot of dents and dings. So, fast forward to the present, Kids are grown, nest is empty, and Im in a position to finally do some much needed work to what has become a very sentimental car to me. Right now shes not very photogenic, but i will post some pics soon. I am looking forward to the wealth of information, and the general comradery with my fellow g body enthusiasts that this forum offers. Thanks in advance everyone! Scurge

Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome aboard! Good to hear you hung to the Malibu all this time! Looking forward to pics and progress updates...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Always good to see a new Florida member join the forum.
Sorry to hear about your home being destroyed from a tornado...plus your car sustaining some damage as well.

On a lighter note, it's good to see that you're ready to get back to work on it after it being of the road for a period of time. Post some pics of the car when you're able to.

What part of Florida are you in?

scurge79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2017
Florida
Welcome aboard!
Always good to see a new Florida member join the forum.
Sorry to hear about your home being destroyed from a tornado...plus your car sustaining some damage as well.

On a lighter note, it's good to see that you're ready to get back to work on it after it being of the road for a period of time. Post some pics of the car when you're able to.

What part of Florida are you in?
Thanks! I'm in the deland , daytona area of volusia co.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like things are getting a bit better. Sorry about the home getting hit 10 years ago. It can be so stressful and turns everyone's life upside down and sideways. Had friends lose their house to a forest fire many years ago and I remember what hell they went through.

Good luck fixing the Malibu. Plenty of sources and people to help you out.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings from dirty Jersey. I hear you on the hurricane I lost 2 blazers in Sandy my painter lost his house. Welcome to a good site!

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from SW Georgia. I promise you there is a wealth of info here. I also just became an empty nester....Thank God
Me, wife and 2 dogs now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor