MONTE CARLO Hello From Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

straturday

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2018
I’ve been lurking this forum for awhile, and figured it was time to finally join! I have an 83 Monte Carlo LS that you could eat off of. I’m getting ready to LS swap it with a freshly rebuilt L76 with Holley swap pan out of a 38k mile G8 GT. I have a 4L80 being built that should be ready any day now (was actually due back a week ago,) and am waiting on my harness, ECM and TCM from Speartech. Once that’s all in, I’m ready to start going!

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard from KY from a Cutlass guy in the process of doing final assembly and a LS swap as well. Thanks for the intro, but we NEED pics!!!

• Agree

straturday

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2018
Welcome aboard from KY from a Cutlass guy in the process of doing final assembly and a LS swap as well. Thanks for the intro, but we NEED pics!!!

The first few pics are from when I first found it. It had been sitting on a lift above a vintage Mercedes in a 90-something-year-old guys garage for the pst 20 years.

The last pic is when I got it home and gave her a bath.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Very nice man! That Monte has definitely been cared for, and kept out of harsh weather.
How does the frame look? Being a northern car that could make it scary! My '87 Cutlass was originally from up there, I'm the 3rd owner and bought it in 2001. I daily drove mine until 2006ish through alot of rain, harsh winters and no garage. I paid for it when my resto began....new rockers, quarters, roof skin, frame rot repair, broken body bolts, etc. It's now better than new with it's fresh paint, but a long way from finished(are they ever finished?).

straturday

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2018
Very nice man! That Monte has definitely been cared for, and kept out of harsh weather.
How does the frame look? Being a northern car that could make it scary! My '87 Cutlass was originally from up there, I'm the 3rd owner and bought it in 2001. I daily drove mine until 2006ish through alot of rain, harsh winters and no garage. I paid for it when my resto began....new rockers, quarters, roof skin, frame rot repair, broken body bolts, etc. It's now better than new with it's fresh paint, but a long way from finished(are they ever finished?).

It’s actually pretty perfect for its age! No frame rust, rockers, fenders and trunk pan are spotless. Interior is 10/10, too!

• Winner

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sweet! Sitting that long, I'd definitely do a good inspection on all the brake lines, wear parts, etc. Since you seem to be going EFI, then the stock lines should be replaced anyway, then a GN tank if you haven't already got that stuff.

straturday

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2018
Sweet! Sitting that long, I'd definitely do a good inspection on all the brake lines, wear parts, etc. Since you seem to be going EFI, then the stock lines should be replaced anyway, then a GN tank if you haven't already got that stuff.

Yep, I’ve got a full BPR EFI sending unit and line kit. I’m about to grab a GN tank, I’ve just gotta figure out if I can reuse my filler neck, as Rock is out of the neck.

straturday, welcome to a great site, from here in Bay County, Mich.

Doug

Thank you! I’m in the metro Detroit area.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I’ve just gotta figure out if I can reuse my filler neck, as Rock is out of the neck.
Yes, your filler neck will work...you just have to carefully cut it out of the tank. It's been discussed here plenty as the repop necks tend to have a splash back issue!
I don't have my tank yet, but I went to the junkyard and cut a neck out of a tank with a couple chisels, pry bar, and good tin snips. If you use the search function you will find some topics on the tank/filler necks. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor