Hello from - Mid MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
Hello from Mid Michigan. Just bought another G-body last night. A true barn find 1978 Mailbu Classic.

One of my friends has been working on getting this guy to sell the car for over a year now hes owned the car for over 30 years and its set in the pole barn that long. Finally got to go look at it. Seems in decent shape, frame is good, floors are good, a little surface rust in the door jam and on rear lower quarters clearly a mouse house for the last 20+ years. No pictures yet until I can get it out of the barn (hopefully next weekend). He has a set of ground effects for it that I am going to buy as well since no one is making them anymore.

I had a 1984 Monte Carlo SS back in high school and sold it shortly after getting married (pics attached). Now my son and I have a resto project. Picked up a 2011 4.8/4L60E 2wd setup from a smashed Silverado last winter and now have a perfect candidate for it.

Attachments

• 84 SS 2.jpg
    84 SS 2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 84 SS.jpg
    84 SS.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: 1 user

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
gearheaddrew,,, It's great having a project for you and your son to play with!!! I'm in Mid Michigan also (Auburn).

Doug

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor