Hello from sunny Crescent Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2017
Crescent Valley BC
Hi everybody, I have a chance to acquire a 231 powered T-bucket kit car that my friends brother built back in the late 1980s and into the early '90s. I actually went to his place a few times back when he was building it. He is recently deceased and my friend (his brother) and I are only working with our memories from back in the day, it's been parked since the mid '90s. The engine and transmission came out of a late '70s ('78/'79) Camaro, at first I assumed it was a TH350, but maybe it's a TH200 of some sort ? He originally had the 231 built with forged internals in anticipation of mounting a 3-71 GMC blower, that never happened but the blower is still available. Does anyone know of a blower manifold for this engine? The 231 has low compression (8:1 ?)' Comp 260HE cam, aluminum intake and 4bbl carb with headers and side pipes. I went for a ride in it in about '91, shortly after he put it on the road and was impressed at the power to weight ratio of the little beast. We estimate the weight at under 1500 lbs. Thanks for any info you guys can offer in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor