Hello from the North

• Thread starter Junkyard monkey
  • Start date
J

Junkyard monkey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2019
78 GA.jpgNew user from Ont, Canada. Just joined so I can get some info from the knowledgeable ppl here.
Just saved a 78 Grand Am from the junkyard. I work at a Auto recycler and it show up last week. I'm still shaking my head as to why someone when scrap this car.
It runs and drives, looks like brand new paint, and a truck full of parts. its like a gift from the Car Gods lol.

Gonzo1970

Gonzo1970

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Sep 30, 2018
Wow!!!!

Great save! Welcome!!

If you don't mind my asking, what did ya give for it?
Is it stock?

-Gonz

Reactions: WV CHEVY MANN
J

Junkyard monkey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2019
Wow!!!!

Great save! Welcome!!

If you don't mind my asking, what did ya give for it?
Is it stock?

-Gonz
Let's just say I paid a little more than scrap value for it!
Looks to be mostly stock, has true dual exhaust and sounds like its got a mild cam,
Engine looks original but going to get the casting numbers off the block and check for sure.

C

clean8485

Royal Smart Person
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the site. Thanks for saving that car. Tell me, are you out in the Kitchener/London area? I saw a car that looked like that one out there for sale a few years ago.

Reactions: Longroof79
J

Junkyard monkey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2019
Welcome to the site. Thanks for saving that car. Tell me, are you out in the Kitchener/London area? I saw a car that looked like that one out there for sale a few years ago.
Yeah, I'm in the KW area!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Twistedresto New Users 29
E New Users 8
M New Users 15
T New Users 8
R New Users 8

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor