Hello,new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

montecarlolady

Apprentice
May 25, 2019
Hello,I'm Terra and have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS.I have a 13 year history with it,bought it in 2006 while I was in the military.I did 10 years in the Marines,proud of my military service having the Marines sticker on the left rear glass still.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Welcome! I bought my car 25 years ago while in the Army. Now, where are the pics of the car? 😁

Reactions: 1 user

montecarlolady

Apprentice
May 25, 2019
Thanks and never going to sell it.My late husband,his oldest son is getting it the day I go.I lost my husband a year ago,killed in the line of duty.He was a cop

• Sad

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Hello,I'm Terra and have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS.I have a 13 year history with it,bought it in 2006 while I was in the military.I did 10 years in the Marines,proud of my military service having the Marines sticker on the left rear glass still.

Congrats on your build and your 10 year stint in the Marines. Many folks have a hard time finding anything good in their lives these days. You are truly blessed to have family and friends and your project and your service. Thank you for your service and Happy Memorial to you. AZ

montecarlolady

Apprentice
May 25, 2019
Congrats on your build and your 10 year stint in the Marines. Many folks have a hard time finding anything good in their lives these days. You are truly blessed to have family and friends and your project and your service. Thank you for your service and Happy Memorial to you. AZ
Now a high school teacher,teach math for 8 years.I do encourage the students to try making something out of their life

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Does your school offer industrial arts? What a cool combination that would be...Mrs. MC...teaches math and auto shop!!!! You'd be my Teacher of the Year!!!

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Now a high school teacher,teach math for 8 years.I do encourage the students to try making something out of their life

I was fatherless and motherless during my formative years and one of my teachers took me under his wing and became one of my favorite and most influencial people in my life. He didn't do anything special for me, but accept me for who I was. It was my family that was all messed up, NOT ME. He taught me biology, chemistry about hot rods and muscle cars. And he made me feel like I mattered to at least ONE PERSON. His interest in me motivated me to try to do my best and emulate him in his thoughts deeds and manners.

Our paths crossed after school many many years later when he was part of a blue grass band playing at a picnic celebrating the birthday of a very distant relative.

That was our last meeting and I happened upon a marker one day while hiking and it was a welcome to the Donald Willinger Park. This teacher had purchased and donated at the time of his death a section of woods and hiking trails for US to enjoy even though he no longer could. I fell to my knees and thanked God for all this man did for me. The small things he taight me, made a huge difference in my life. As I sit here now at almost 70, and think about my heroes, Mr. WIttlinger is among the top.

Thank God for placing Mr. Wittlinger in my path. I hope and pray teachers may not always realize it, but many eyes are upon them. Always be a hero, you never know who is watching, learning, and ultimately loving you not for what you teach, but who you are as a person. Lots of lost kids, like me, looking for heroes. YOU ARE ONE.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor