Hello to all. First time owner of El Camino, 1987 here. I will see if I can get pic on here. Gman

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Clemente

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2018
that is a very nice El Camino look up El Camino Central on the web for El Camino specific info but this site also has a wealth of information. congratulations on such a nice looking aquisition.

Gman1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2019
Upstate SC
Welcome from Southwest Idaho! Very nice Camino! What kind of issues are you having with it?
Thanks. First time owner of El Camino. I want to replace the shifter and would like to see if there is one with same mounting holes. Brakes are soft and was told this was due to not enough vacuum due to cam in engine. Also discovered fly wheel cover is missing, I have new carpet to go in. She is a sweet ride, turns heads when you drive in to get gas. Gman

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Not enough vacuum will make a hard pedal on power brakes. No vacuum no assist

Reactions: 1 user

Gman1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2019
Upstate SC
Let's see some pics of the shifter in question.
I started a tread under the forum covering shifters. I have new carpet to put in and hope to switch out the shifter then. Thanks
100_0035.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor