Hello......

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-Speeds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Hey... I'm Andy, 19, and From Vancouver BC. Been here for a while, Finally decided to make a thread. I got an '84 calais, Rebuilt 350, Four speed, 3.42's.. blah blah.. Anyways... It's also my daily.. So it's comin' along quite slowly.

8,000 dollars worth of rust
IMG_0060.jpg

the power...Or lack there of..
IMG_0037_3.jpg

moniterings..
IMG_0029.jpg

And ya can't forget the sounds
IMG_0016.jpg
[/URL]

And it goes purddy good, and sounds decent to boot.
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m132/M0ngoose/?action=view&current=sounds.flv

Looking around I've seen a couple of people/cars that are from other forums...

Later.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
Welcome

Nice touch with the gauges. It does sound good. I should learn how to do that someday.

4speed auto, or stick?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Hello there and welcome to the site! Its a lot smaller than most forums. By any chance are you Mongoose on BCGBody.com?
Looking forward to talking to you later!

4-Speeds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
yup thats me....

And it's a stick :twisted:

And an update...
IMG_0042-1.jpg

Time to build her better than before... set back engine... hydro clutch... 383... all the good stuff.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OUCH! :cry: :cry::cry:

Is it just me or is your frame seriously bent upwards in front? What'd you take it for a flight off into a ditch or something? ;) She'll never be the same if that's the case.... (more :cry: as /me plays taps for 4-Speeds)

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
I would say that frame is hurtin'! Might have bent the cowl a bit too. Is the windshield cracked in the lower left corner? How about the driver's door, does it drop down when you open it?

Only way to get that frame somewhat straight would mean lots of heat and a frame machine. The heat will kill the temper of the steel and it will fold much quicker on next impact. Would be better to change the frame. probably easier and faster. Might also be easier and faster to find another G body and salvage what you can off this one. They are cheap enough that you should not be spending huge money fixing wrecks.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Its hard to look at that picture... Your keeping it then? And replacing the front clip? What is this I read about a 383 in store for the future... that sounds intresting! Keep posting pictures of the progress!

4-Speeds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
course i'm keeping it... It's ma first car... ill have to roll it 15 times before it goes.. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of doing a proper rebuild... building a 383... Moving the engine back 3 inches, maybe a t56 or tko to replace the saginaw.. putting in a 12 bolt... and all the rest that goes along with that.... I was setting out to make a proper racecar.... so now i can take it apart and do everything really well....

I'm probably going to get a new frame.... box it in etc...

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah if you're going to get serious about HP, get another frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor