HELP! -78 Cutlass Custom Cruiser Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice looking longroof! I may have the seats you need, but unsure of what shape they're in (only had the rear seat up once since I bought it 2 years ago, and the front seat has been holding boxes for over a year now) full bench front/rear in camel tan. I'll try to get out to the shop in the next week or two and get a pic. would love to see how they got the back seat mounted up in yours.

sgtph3n1x

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2021
Kentucky, US
Yea they'll fit all A/G's. Like any sheet metal replacement all "direct fit" weld in panels will need to be worked in.
I've figured as much, the bracket that goes across from left to right that the seat sits on. it's not in bad shape, but it does need a few patches here and there. Plan is to cut out the rusty mess have it coated in a preventative rust proofing and once the new one is in, and welded, the same. Maybe even rhinolined (not sure yet on that)
As for the window channels, you'll have to improvise using aftermarket channels. My friend who also happens to have a Cutlass Cruiser wagon, used the front window channels from a B-body wagon/ sedan. A section of it is not long enough to fit the G-body window channel, so you'd need the aftermarket channel in order to complete the set. When you're ready to replace any of those parts, let me know and I'll try to get you the needed information from my notes.
I am going to sound like a idiot but that is in the door or?.. above it?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've figured as much, the bracket that goes across from left to right that the seat sits on. it's not in bad shape, but it does need a few patches here and there. Plan is to cut out the rusty mess have it coated in a preventative rust proofing and once the new one is in, and welded, the same. Maybe even rhinolined (not sure yet on that)

I am going to sound like a idiot but that is in the door or?.. above it?
I'm referring to the channels that fit into the window/ door frames. It's where the glass slides up and down on....on the front glass. The rears are stationary. Yours may not be bad, or need to be replaced...if you're fortunate.

sgtph3n1x

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2021
Kentucky, US
nice looking longroof! I may have the seats you need, but unsure of what shape they're in (only had the rear seat up once since I bought it 2 years ago, and the front seat has been holding boxes for over a year now) full bench front/rear in camel tan. I'll try to get out to the shop in the next week or two and get a pic. would love to see how they got the back seat mounted up in yours.
That would be great!
I'm referring to the channels that fit into the window/ door frames. It's where the glass slides up and down on....on the front glass. The rears are stationary. Yours may not be bad, or need to be replaced...if you're fortunate.
OH! duh. The rears are fine. the front.. no so much.. but they don't leak. but look like garbage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor