Help adjusting a hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Purchased a brand new AMD 2" cowl hood for my 80 Malibu. Everything fit pretty well although I think it should move forward about another 1/8" or better. But thats the least of my concerns. My issue is on both sides near the rear of the hood (windshield side of the hood) its raised up about 1/4"-3/8" above the fenders. Almost feels like something is stopping it from going all the way down, I triple checked its not hitting anything to prevent it from sitting flush with the fenders. Almost think its a hinge issue, tried searching on here, and looked for videos on youtube and couldnt find anything to help me.
Thoughts????

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Missing the screws at the back of the hood (on the sides along the pinch weld)?

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if your original hood fit correctly and you cannot adjust the hinges to get a good fit then I would be calling the company you bought the hood from

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
if your original hood fit correctly and you cannot adjust the hinges to get a good fit then I would be calling the company you bought the hood from
Don't want to do that just yet, I will wait till I exhaust all other options. Pretty sure it's just an alignment issue with hinges. I had similar issues on my 06, and 15 Charger as well as my 08 Jeep SRT. If nobody here has any alignment tips or ideas, then I will shoot over to a body shop and have them do it. I just prefer to do it on my own.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Just to repeat, those two bolts through the bottom of the hinge into the fenders loosened will allow it to lower/drop down. Let us know if that takes care of it. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks Boxcars, yes that took care of the issue both sides sit flush with fenders. Now I have a new issue, lol.
Front of hood on drivers side and up on header panel drivers side, hood isn't sitting flush, it's sitting high. Passenger side is perfect. Feels like something is stopping it, but it's not hitting anything. It's not the hood bumper up on core support. That actually needs to come up a little. Will try and figure it out tomorrow or Saturday.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
There are 3 ajustabl bump stops 1 in the center of the Cowell/ firewall and 1 on each corner of the radiator support they look like rubber stoppers tighten for down loosen for up

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Also if your driving a G-BODY and it sounds like the windshield is squeekin it's the center bump stop on the firewall rubbing the hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor