Help finding a HEI non CC Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dktalee

n00b
Apr 23, 2020
Dayton, OH
Does anyone have some recommendations on a non cc hei distributor. Its going in my 87 442. Ive removed all the smog, and computer wire mess. I have a non cc Carb (650 AVS2) looking for a good distributor. Thanks.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Hopefully that AV2 is better than the rest of Edelbrock's carbs. I have used the cheap Olds HEI's, seem well made, I just upgraded to the Ignitor 3 module, cost more than the whole distributor. They do have a more points like advance curve, I would run full vacuum advance and 38 to 40 total plus vacuum advance. Your 8 to 1 307 will never be a power house, rather have more part throttle timing to help part throttle, bottom end power. Honestly the biggest restriction is the horrible front part of the factory exhaust. Go true dual exhaust at the very least.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor