Help I made my weatherstripping worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I have an 87 hard top Monte Carlo. Old weatherstripping was falling apart on driver's side and passengers was ripped by an attempted break in. I replaced both sides being careful to make sure it was properly in the channel. I did not use any adhesive as it seemed to hold in place on its own. There are no leaks from rain or hitting it with a hose while washing the car. Where I have an issue is above 30 MPH wind blows in at the rear corner of each window. How do I correct this? It looks fine while stopped but at speed it is letting air in. What is wrong? does the window need adjusting? Is the weather stripping on wrong? What did I do wrong?

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Seller is stating that the window should be adjusted. I will try this when i do the lower weather stripping. It is just the rear corner on each window. Perhaps if it went up just a little more all one be good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor