Help! I need a complete 84 turbo buick wiring harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr T Type

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
I bought my dream buick yesterday, 1984 T Top T type buick regal. Found it by accident and did what I had to to get it. Problem..... the guy was a freaking idiot and tore the entire interior, dash, and wiring harness out of the car ( with tin snips, a saws all, and a hammer). He said he was making a drag car. The motor is in the car still and I literally loaded what was left of the interior with a wheel barrel. The body is perfect, factory wheels perfect, t tops perfect. The car was ordered by one of our local delearship owners for his wife and the car was said to have come with some performance upgrades. The car is so far apart I plan to keep going and do a frame up resto. So I will be selling my other regal to fund the project. But i need red interior and complete harnesses please help!
20160716_170658.jpg
20160716_170658.jpg
20160716_113511.jpg
20160716_170637.jpg
20160716_113501.jpg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What a moron. I have no info on an '84 harness, but I think you could upgrade to an 87. Not sure though.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Are you set on keeping the hot air setup? If it were me, I would swap to ls and a turbo. Then buy a complete parts car for the interior, dash harness, etc.

Mr T Type

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
Are you set on keeping the hot air setup? If it were me, I would swap to ls and a turbo. Then buy a complete parts car for the interior, dash harness, etc.
Ls? A chevy motor? Well I have seen some buzz about them on these sites but I'm not to sure of all the specifics. Maybe you could enlighten me. This car is the car I have always wanted, and I just want it to be the best it can be. I'm a body man not a full throttle gear head, so I'm a little slow when it comes to these swaps and upgrades.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly @ this point with what you have, you would be better off with a new aftermarket full car harness and just add in the pieces you need to run the ecu and boost controller. Sadly any original harness is 32years old with all the problems and issues that come with age. The only true downfall of the 84/85 models is that they are a hot air setup. The 86/87 setup is a better base. You have to decide what direction and use for your car you want at this point. With the aftermarket support and upgrades that are available for the 3.8 turbo it can be made into a very good running car.
Looks like a good find.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
You are getting to be quite the g body collector. Looks like a challenging project. Good luck with it. What is it that you really like about that year or model?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor