CUTLASS Help identifying plastic retainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter P.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 4, 2014
Castleton, Ontario, Canada
I have 3 plastic retainers (?) taken from an 84 Cutlass that I stripped and I don't remember what they are for. Can anyone help identify? They have some overspray on them from a colour change to the car so I expect they were holding some exterior trim or panel (maybe between trunk and back window?).

Attachments

• IMG_5746.JPG
    IMG_5746.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5747.JPG
    IMG_5747.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 145

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yes, there are 3 per car. When you open the trunk, you'd see on the filler panel 3 little screws with plastic washers bolted to these blocks. The blocks are bolted to the body via welded on little metal pedestals with another screw.

Many times you'll find the screw holes split or the entire block split on the mounting pedestal.

If you can ever find them new, they'll be under p/n 20655818

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

Peter P.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 4, 2014
Castleton, Ontario, Canada
Thank you to slow442 and 69hurstolds for your responses. The funny thing is I had 3 of these in a baggie with 9 screws. Must have put screws in the baggie from somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor