help lifting my 86 monte ss..please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
i helped a guy lift his 84 cutty for the fornt i found him a way to do it cheap and ez. find a set of stock springs out of a 80s 4x4 suburban fit right in place. in we uesed his stock cutty springs form the rear took the springs to a shop in town in had them heat them up and pull um apart till thay was taller. he had 28s put could of ez been rydin sum 30s

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
@cutlass79 so if i get me some burban springs i wont need to change the spindles? I got 24s but iam not looking for a Huge lift just like 3inches. I like how it looks sitting on da 4s

Attachments

• 2012-10-28_16-29-19_689.jpg
    2012-10-28_16-29-19_689.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,932

Mikesfastss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 20, 2012
detroit
cutlass79 said:
i helped a guy lift his 84 cutty for the fornt i found him a way to do it cheap and ez. find a set of stock springs out of a 80s 4x4 suburban fit right in place. in we uesed his stock cutty springs form the rear took the springs to a shop in town in had them heat them up and pull um apart till thay was taller. he had 28s put could of ez been rydin sum 30s
4x4 suburbans don't have coil springs fyi.

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
I helped a guy put 6's with big tires on a 79 cutlass. this was our method.
Front: S10 lift spindle, Box caprice heavy duty springs/shocks, universal lift extended control arms and suburban brake lines.

Rear: adjustable control arms, 4 inch lift cups welded axle , box caprice rear springs, air shocks with shock relocator, extended driveshaft, and notched frame.

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
cutlass79 said:
in we uesed his stock cutty springs form the rear took the springs to a shop in town in had them heat them up and pull um apart till thay was taller.

PLEASE dont ever advise people to HEAT UP COIL SPRINGS
Once they have been heated up before, the molecular structure of the metal changes to a more "brittle" state.
Sometimes people heat up their springs and they never break or appear to cause any damage.....the rest of the time, they do snap in half over time, and can possibly cause an accident. All you need is to be driving down the interstate one day, and have a spring break, causing you to lose control, and wreck into a SUV full of children.....

Heating up a spring is just like taking a thin piece of metal (like a paper clip) and bending it a couple of times in the same spot. It becomes VERY weak in that spot that was heated up (or the spot where bent), and will cause it to break with MUCH LESS pressure, than if it was never messed with.

BTW, do they teach people to spell like that in school nowadays, or does this generation just go out of their way to type completely illiterate, and with the worst grammar possible?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
onyxxtreme said:
BTW, do they teach people to spell like that in school nowadays, or does this generation just go out of their way to type completely illiterate, and with the worst grammar possible?

A lot of people, such as myself, post from our phones which don't always perform a spell check, or we mistakenly touch an extra key here and there so you see the aforementioned spelling/grammatical errors. On another note, the state of the public education system isn't what it used to be. Family situations aren't what they used to be either. An unemployed, stay at home parent was very valuable when it came to the education of children in their early years of schooling.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor