Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Make sure that you don’t have lots of gas in your oil (i.e. way over full on the dipstick or oil smells a lot like gas). If not, drive it a while and see if it clears up. If so, change oil and drive it a while.

Reactions: 2 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
No I haven’t. I don’t know much at all about cars and I’m learning as I’m going. So basically what you are saying is it’s probably burning oil off the injectors, right?
No you Have Excess gas in your crankcase as you crank it it pulses the injectors and if it’s not firing your flooding the motor when it comes up on the compression stroke it forces gas pass the rings into the crank case and dilutes your oil check your oil and see if it’s over full or if it smells like gas

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
If it had no spark the injectors won't fire. They are batch fire triggered from the ignition. Change the oil anyway. That is always money well spent.

Did it smoke before it died?
Trans fluid burns white. So does antifreeze.

Check the vacuum line from the trans modulator to the motor. It's on the passenger side of the car sticking out from the trans. Should be a little piece of rubber with a metal line that goes to the motor. Disconnect it (the rubber line) at the trans and see if it has any oil in it.
If so your modulator is bad. It helps control shifting. If not check the radiator and see if it is full. If not and assuming it was before this do a compression check.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor