Help Pls...Lost a Floor Shifter Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
The pin that is depressed to unlock the shifter is missing and it may have hitched a ride on a rag I was using to depress the pin. Anyone have an idea of the length of this pin?
Thanks
Signed:shiftless Ed

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I'm not sure if I explained it well...it's connected to the thumb button and runs through the shifter shaft to release a latch. Basically when the shifter handle is off the pin(looks like beige plastic) sticks out of the hollow shaft.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Is this what your meaning Ed....

CZyxRY.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Thanks for the pic and length info. If I don't find the pin I know how to make the part. I am able to actuate the shifter with a long thin screwdriver inserted into handle. I hope it rolled under the pass seat and once I get the interior pieces,stored inside the car, installed it will show up.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Found it, 2 feet behind the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor