Help, pulled radio out now it won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanbeagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2021
I posted last week about blowing the dome light fuse and the radio went out too. I pulled the radio out to see if it was wired to the lighter. It wasn't but the orange wire was bypassed the harness and connected to the yellow from the radio. I am planning on replacing the radio in the future so i snipped this wire and taped off, thinkinh the radio will not work but OK. Replaced 20 amp fuse and reconnected the bettery. The engine eill not start, no turn over or clicks. nothing. I rewired every thing that I had touched and still nothing. All the electric parts now work, radio, lights, locks. Just the most important thing it won't star.

Please any help is appreciated, i know nothing about electrical.

Meanbeagle

Meanbeagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2021
Ok, I feel stupid and anno
When the fuse originally blew and I tried to replace it I saw a switch under the dash. This switch didn’t affect anything (20 fuse out).
Now see above post.
After taking time to type post search fuses and such I returned to Elky. I was looking at fuse box and there is a sound like the blinker from under the dash. (Wasn’t there before fuse blown) I toggled the switch and sound stops. Ok, could this be kill switch on the same circuit? Yes! Fired right up!

Original problem still out there but it’s running and I didn’t make it worst.

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Ok, I feel stupid and anno
When the fuse originally blew and I tried to replace it I saw a switch under the dash. This switch didn’t affect anything (20 fuse out).
Now see above post.
After taking time to type post search fuses and such I returned to Elky. I was looking at fuse box and there is a sound like the blinker from under the dash. (Wasn’t there before fuse blown) I toggled the switch and sound stops. Ok, could this be kill switch on the same circuit? Yes! Fired right up!

Original problem still out there but it’s running and I didn’t make it worst.
Does the switch go to the starter wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor