Help - Viper Alarm/Remote Start Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_RIDE_81

Apprentice
Oct 30, 2019
Just purchased the Viper 5706v remote start/security. My MC is stilled carb’d; I hope the upgrade to the EFI in the future but for now will install the security side of the kit only. I was sold on the 1 mile transmitter range and ability to add their GPS service with this unit.

I currently have Autopage XT-59 with basic hook-up: park lights flash, keyless entry, door pin trigger, shock sensor trigger. MC is originally equipped with power locks and stock solenoid system still functions. I did disconnect the alarms door lock wires a while back as I had the driver side actuator go bad and forced to open manually.

I’m hoping to disconnect the Autopage and connect Viper wires for a plug and play swap but I have some doubts/questions given Viper wiring may be different. Car is in the shop right now but I recall seeing one (or two) relays under the dash within Autopage harness. I will double check what’s there once I get the car back.

Below is a picture of the inbox Quick Reference Guide along with wires I think are required or I’m uncertain of.

6 Pin:
Required to connect: #1, 2, 3, 5 and…?!

#6 – Is this a remote start function, only? If not, what is it for? If required, where to connect?

3 Pin:
Required to connect: #1 and 3

#1, 3 - According to this guy’s video
, his keyless system didn’t require an additional relay. However according to monte7carlo9 (“wiring alarm” thread), relays are required. Thoughts? If relays required, I have several sources on how to add so I’m good here.

10 Pin:
Required to connect: #7 only…?

#7 – Is this the alarms starter-kill function in case someone breaks in and attempts to turn on while siren is blazing? If so, cut my purple starter wire and feed in/out of this? If it is starter kill, this function should still work even if all other wires on this harness are not hooked up, right?

24 Pin:
Required to connect: #4, 9, 18 and...

#21 – Is this a remote start function only? If not, what for?
#4 – I heard triggering the dome light when arming/disarming requires a relay. If so, I delay installing for the moment.
#9 – Is this a stand-alone sensor? Or does this only work when the remote start is functional? I would like this function.
#18 – If monte7carlo9 is correct and door lock is a positive pulse, I match 18(+) vs 15(-) to the door pin?

Did I exclude a required connection for basic security function? Or include an unnecessary connection? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Attachments

• Inbox Guide.jpg
    Inbox Guide.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 749
Last edited:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Good question... But holy sh*t, why are all y'all so paranoid? I leave my brand new VW GTI parked in bad (look up Kensington Philadelphia) neighborhoods overnight on the street. That's definitely a chop shop magnet car. Who's stealing customized G bodies? They're not lucrative theft items. Thieves are looking for like newish BMW and Mercedes... Not 30+ year old GM's. They don't even know what they're looking at to know what it's worth in parts of they steal it.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Dude, I can help; put them in for years.... However, ya need to slow down. Not real familiar with Autopage, but most alarms were negative trigger to a pair of door lock relays. Then, there was one for a starter kill. But, yes, it should match up wire for wire, function-wise, not necessarily color. You can wire in the remote start relays; just leave the ribbon cable disconnected from the main unit.
EDIT: Looks like the relays are built into the unit

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

G_RIDE_81

Apprentice
Oct 30, 2019
The destructions posted- DEI

So when the instructions say "WHITE/BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - #87a NORMALLY CLOSED of onboard relay" there is a relay inside the alarm's brain.

But for wires with notes like "BLACK/YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT" This means if the Autopage does not have a relay already I have get one for this wire or else I'll fry the brain/car's wiring? ?

Sorry for the rookie questions, never wired an alarm before. Performed plenty of other DIY projects in my time though, ha ha!!

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Correct on the 87a.
The domelight output wire should be to trigger a relay for "Domelight Supervision". It's an option where the domelight will be delayed upon closing the door/arming/locking and will also come on with disarm/unlock.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Install the keyless entry with relays. Install a hidden kill switch tapped into the power wire of the distributer. Dont worry about all the other hoop la that comes with the viper alarms. My opinion..

why not install the other options, it's nice to have some upgrades to the cars.... :popcorn:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor