Help - Wiring diagram needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Does anybody have a diagram for the ECM in a 1983 El Camino with a 3.8 and dummy lights? I am switching over to a TBI computer now, and there is a small bundle of wires that go from the dash to the computer harness. These should be where I can power the computer and connect to the ALDL connector in the dash, but I really don't want to rip the dash apart to sort them out.

Thanks in advance.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Maybe someone here can post a snippet from the GM service manual with the ECM wiring

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what about at one of the parts stores that have a computer for customers to look up repairs

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
For an 86 Regal yours may be similar

full

full

full

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
These diagrams are about perfect. When I started testing out the wires to figure out what went where, I found the wire harness that I had cut from the computer harness had been unplugged upstream and had some power wires reappropriated to run the digital dash. This may be the time that I redo all the dash wiring correctly - god help me.

Thanks

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
From 83 Shop manual

SAM_1783.JPG

• Friendly
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor