Help with 200r4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
So the original 200r4 in my 305 daily driver is giving me trouble. I think it needs a rebuild (late shifts, only shifts at light throttle, slippage under heavy throttle), but the entire car only has 130K with papers to back it up. I'm not a transmission guy, but I adjusted the TV cable (stock QJet carb), added fluid and some Lucas antislip. What I want to know is how to rewire the 4th lockup to work without the computer, and if there are any parts I can replace without dropping the trans to improve the hard shifting / lifespan of the trans on a budget. I'd like to have the lockup engage automatically in 4th and unlock when I hit the brakes. Can I wire this using the stock brake switch in a cruise car? Do I need a different 4th pressure switch to operate the lockup? I'm fine with dropping just the pan to change parts if I can get at them while it's still in the car.

[UPDATE]
During my search for a new Qjet the rebuild company told them the core I planned to send them is a Cadillac carburetor that's been hacked to fit a Chevy throttle bracket by whoever reman'd it. I'm in the process of ordering the correct carburetor and will see if the TV mount geometry on the new one is different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor