help with belt size

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
I just put a new ps pump on my 87 cutlass. The new pump has the double pulley. Now my alternator belt wont fit on it. I tried a 7555 belt and thats way too big. Does anybody know what belt to use to wrap around the alternator the ps pump, and the fan?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I suggest you pull the pulley off your old pump and put it on your new pump or try a different belt.

You say you have an ALTERNATOR belt to wrap around it? If'n I recall correctly, the VIN Y alternator belt wraps around the water pump and alternator only. That's it. Or is it because you're getting interference somewhere?

Tidbit: Early 84 H/O used the same setup as the 83 H/O as far as belt use. I SUSPECT that changed about the same time the horn button got bigger, but I only speculate. The pic below (upper RH corner) shows typical G47 VIN Y, early VIN 9 belt routing with A/C. Take some pics and show us.

beltrouting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor