Help with budget lowering

Status
Not open for further replies.

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
Ok this my situation. Car is sitting way to high... What's springs or lowering setups have you guys had success with? Anyone had experience with fair priced coilovers?

Car is currently in white primer but want to get the suspension taken car of before paint..

I was thinking Eibachs or Moogs of some type..
What Moog parts numbers do I need? .. I'm guessing maybe 2" in the front and 1 in the rear.. You can see in the pics the front is way up there...

85 Monte SS
LT1 4l60e swap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 481

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can drop it using Moog springs relatively cheap but it takes some time doing research on their site looking at universal springs using your existing springs as a baseline and finding springs with the same design, I looked for springs with the same spring rate as mine just shorter since I was only looking to drop an inch.
I don't remember the part numbers but I dropped my Regal in the front changing from my original v8 with ac springs to v6 with ac springs, v6 without ac would drop it farther.
You might have to go with a lesser spring rate to get a 2' drop in front and you would do the same comparisons for the rears and I think I ended up with an A-body spring in the back.
After I had part numbers I searched for the best price and ended up getting them from Summit Racing since they had a great price on the Moog fronts and also had a Summit brand rear with the same number I needed so that saved another $30.

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
it would help if you tell us what kind of ride you want...
Hmmm.. I guess I would dare to say a decent ride. Not planning on auto cross or anything but a occasional trip the drag strip would be ideal.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Drop spindles are Your best bet. Drop spindles are a solid drop I should say. Compared to springs which can vary. The rear... You have no other choice but to use springs. Belltech muscle car drop Springs are a great buy 1" drop all 4. Or you can go 2" drop with UMI Performance "4051R" springs. I like to keep my car old school. Coil overs are for Newer flashy cars lol.

Reactions: 1 users

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
Hmmm.. I guess I would dare to say a decent ride. Not planning on auto cross or anything but a occasional trip the drag strip would be ideal.

I have a like new set of eibachs that I think are 2" lower for the rear. They are yours for shipping which would be like $12.

Reactions: 1 users

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
Reactions: 1 user

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
We offer 1" and 2" lowering springs along with Viking and QA1 coil-overs

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_377_351&products_id=925

Our front springs are wound from 5160 CrSi premium wire and feature a linear 600 lb/in rate. The rear springs are wound from 9254 CrSi premium wire and feature a linear 130 lb/in rate. The linear rate provides consistent handling characteristics which are important for Auto-x and Pro-Tour applications while the increase in stiffness reduces body roll and prevents the “floating” feeling so common with the G-body. These springs are suitable for Auto-x and Pro-Tour applications as well as corner carving/cruising.

If anybody needs any info please feel free to contact me.

Craig

Reactions: 1 user

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
Been searching online a but and it seems that the MOOG 5660 springs lower our car.
I am curious as to how much a uncut Moog 5660 would lower My car? On average of course

Stock suspension 85 monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor