Help with complete suspension kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2019
Southern Maryland
So there is no happy medium??? there has to be a compromise. I would like to minimize wheel hop on the street and the track yet maintain some handling..... think about modern sports cars (mustangs, camaros etc.) they accomplish this. I know they have 30 years of technology on their side, but with aftermarket parts im sure something similar can be had

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Let me say, the best person to pose these questions and concerns to is Mark Savitske. He is always willing to talk and discuss your needs-no sales pitch just information and answers. The only thing is getting a hold of him so just call and leave a message. He will return calls but be prepared to talk. He does know his stuff and will very likely have the answer you seek. As for compromises, those are for you to decide.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Agree. I have also read and reread his book to understand the basic concepts. I opted to go with his package because he knows the pieces do NOT negate each other's positive contributions. Did your procurement of components add up to or was more/cheaper than what they offered? For me, another factor was combined shipping. Is your ride on the street?
I'm gonna try and make this as short/simple as i can and not looking to start a pi$$ing contest.everyone's got a preference.i can understand the shipping being a factor for you.yes i drive my car on the street as often as i can.zero wheel hop,smooth wheel spin,spirited and flat off ramp action and smiles per gallon.i traded a few e-mails with mark and two other companys back in '14 about the front end gemoerty gains to be had in the front of my car.did a comparo to another well known company that i was looking @ the time.@ THAT time there was more to be had with the sc&c uppers.those are some steep BJ's,then again they go straight out.
he told me the other company's design was one that he used himself years before but he's since improved on it.monetarily it was a wash.what did it for me was the design of them.to many parts to the system,between the bolts and turnbuckles i didn't care for it.what sealed it for me was those arms have no bump stops,anyone that knows me,knows i took great pride in detailing and painting my frame.He said if i was gonna let the suspension droop (say the frame on jack stands) that i should put heater hose on the arms to stop this from happening..

Reactions: 1 user

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
The best kit for a multi-use car comes from a phone call when I get back from PRI.

814-376-6000 is direct to my desk.

The UMI Green Machine is Pro-Touring oriented at the moment but still drives nicely on the street. It lacks a little on 60 ft time at the strip but it's not set up for that. With a few compromises we could achieve a triple threat car.

The trick is knowing the exact percentage of how you're intending to use the car.

Maybe when we are all said and done we can post up the parts list of what we came up with.

ramey

Reactions: 5 users

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
The great folks at UMI will set you up with a awesome package!! I run all their stuff on my car and it handles like it is on rails!

Reactions: 3 users

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
We didn't write the book on it but we did make it a reality!

Lots of options but as said in the other posts... To excel in one area you compromise in the other.
If the car has plates and an interior, build a bad *ss street car that handles.
If it is gutted on slicks, build an awesome drag car that cant turn.

I would recommend building the typical "Corvette killer" and drag race it now and again for fun.

Either way we have you covered.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor