Help with emissions control decal for a new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffsa

n00b
Jun 3, 2020
Hello,

I recently acquired a new and exciting project! It's a 1981 Buick Regal Limited. Usually when one of these ends up in my garage I'm stealing the 3.8 to put in an old Jeep but this time I'm going to restore the car instead. I've ripped out the dash and fixed 95% of the wiring. Hunting down lots of parts to get it ready for smog in the great state of CA but that is where my next challenge is. Almost all the vacuum lines have been disconnected when someone ripped the broken smog pump out. That is when I realized the emissions control decal is almost all gone. I've looked for over a week on forums, gone to the dealer and everything else i can think of trying to find it with no luck. Than it dawned on me, I have a buddy that prints shirts and stickers for a living and he said if I can get a photo of one he could print it out and problem solved!! I'm hoping someone out there has the same exact set up and can sent me a photo so this old girl can get back to running right!

Thank you
IMG_20200603_123742.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
I actually found an emissions decal on ebay. I am putting a 403 in my 84 cutlass and thought it would be cool to have the correct sticker for that engine. I found one and cant wait to put it on once i get the engine in. If you do a search it may come up for the engine you have. Either way good luck with the build!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Hello,

I recently acquired a new and exciting project! It's a 1981 Buick Regal Limited. Usually when one of these ends up in my garage I'm stealing the 3.8 to put in an old Jeep but this time I'm going to restore the car instead. I've ripped out the dash and fixed 95% of the wiring. Hunting down lots of parts to get it ready for smog in the great state of CA but that is where my next challenge is. Almost all the vacuum lines have been disconnected when someone ripped the broken smog pump out. That is when I realized the emissions control decal is almost all gone. I've looked for over a week on forums, gone to the dealer and everything else i can think of trying to find it with no luck. Than it dawned on me, I have a buddy that prints shirts and stickers for a living and he said if I can get a photo of one he could print it out and problem solved!! I'm hoping someone out there has the same exact set up and can sent me a photo so this old girl can get back to running right!

Thank you View attachment 148164
WELOCME TO THE G body family!! I just seen your post, happy your saving another one! I have an 1983 and several 84's I could perhaps get a picture of the emissions decal for you, will this work? i know the emissions were basically the same those years

saffsa

n00b
Jun 3, 2020
WELOCME TO THE G body family!! I just seen your post, happy your saving another one! I have an 1983 and several 84's I could perhaps get a picture of the emissions decal for you, will this work? i know the emissions were basically the same those years
Definitely wouldn't hurt to see them! I'm just not sure if in California you need the exact emissions decal to get smogged.

saffsa

n00b
Jun 3, 2020
I actually found an emissions decal on ebay. I am putting a 403 in my 84 cutlass and thought it would be cool to have the correct sticker for that engine. I found one and cant wait to put it on once i get the engine in. If you do a search it may come up for the engine you have. Either way good luck with the build!
I've cruised through eBay but haven't seen the decal for the 3.8 v6 yet. I'll keep looking though!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Another little note, in the top left corner of your emission tag, there are three letters, those are important to keep the same, yours is BAB Its specific for your year. so if I send you a picture of a tag, make sure your guy keeps those letters the same

Reactions: 1 users

Eddie Cutlass

Apprentice
May 3, 2020
San Diego
I believe you don’t need an emission sticker to pass smog. Just make sure you’re ECM isn’t throwing any codes and get a fresh oil change. Should be good.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
It may be more convenient for the tech if the emissions sticker is intact, but no, it isn't required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor