Help with header install

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1978

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2011
wheel cylinder install tip

I don't know if anybody said this yet.Line the wheel cylinder up in the hole,then turn the axle centered with the wheel cylinder in between 2 wheel studs,then get a thick pair of vise grips clamp them to the axle flange which jams the wheel cylinder into the backing plate ,then you have both hands free to work the clip in. Use 2 screwdrivers to push the clip in.It only takes a few seconds to get the clips in this way.I've been doing it this way for 20 years it works great there is no faster or easier way to do this you'll be happy to do this job after learning this trick.Hope this helps. If you are not sure what I'm saying I have a rear end in the garage I could show the set up on and take a picture of it in the daylight.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
i dont believe there is. The only thing I saw back there besides the distributor was some piece that had a plug going into it right at the edge of the rear of the intake manifold. Half of my gauges dont work and god knows what this guy did who swapped this motor in...I find stuff rigged that blows my mind sometimes.
i removed the oil pressure fitting from behind the intake mani. and installed it beside the oil filter base. was a couple years ago. was not a problem. works great. that leaves the port behind the intake manifold for a mechanic oil gauge.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Not sure why this thread was bumped. Doesn't even look like that post belongs in this thread. I will lock this thread bc it shouldn't have been open in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor