Help with Lug Nuts for C3 Corvette Aluminum Wheels on a G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyArmy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 18, 2018
I found a set of C3 Corvette Aluminum wheels and decided to try them on my Grand Prix. The only issue is the lug nut thread pitch for the C3 wheels is 7/16 and I need the 12mm x 1.5 thread pitch lugs nuts. The C3 uses a special type lug nut with a flat washer and not the standard acorn style that we use on our G-Body's. Has anyone encountered this problem and can you suggest a place where I can purchase them? Thanks in advance for any leads.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
would the T-Type wheel nut work ? If so Kirban's ( google them ) buick turbo sells them not cheap ...but what is ?
T TYPE WHEEL NUT.jpg

T TYPE WHEEL NUT.jpg

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
You need mag shank style lug nuts. You need a shank length and diameter measurement to get the right ones. You can contact any corvette supplier and they will steer you in the right direction. Summit Racing also has numerous corvette specific shank lugs made by Dorman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I have a set of the 76-82 Corvette aluminum wheels destined for my 88 SS when its time for tires. The lug nuts you have should look like the pair on the left in these pictures.
P1012036.JPG P1012037.JPG
On the right is a McGard short shank lug nut that I am planning to run due to needing the metric thread. Here is the link to the part on Summit's web site.
I had used these lug nuts originally with my Centerline Convo Pro's.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcg-60129/overview/

Hope this helps!
Bob S.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Those look a lot like Pontiac snowflake wheel lugs. If so- they are available both in 7/16 and m12 thread. Fleabay has loads of them.
s-l64.jpg

FlyArmy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 18, 2018
I went to the local Discount Tire with an original C3 lug nut and match them up. The lug nut set worked great. Here is the information if anyone else wants to experiment with Corvette Aluminum wheels. Thanks for the responses. Mike
IMG_3172.JPG
IMG_3171.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Those wheels look great on your Grand Prix. Good choice.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
I always liked those wheels and I agree they look great on the GP, like they belong on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor