CUTLASS Help With Pulse/Delay Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don M.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Halifax, NS, Can
Well I now have working wipers. Bought a rebuild that was sitting on a local auto parts store for 21 years (for $30), did some rewire (not pulse wipers) and now I'm happy with 2 speed wipers and working washers.

So contrary to popular belief "I didn't reinvent the wheel" but I did have "the brains" to do what I had to do.

• Creative
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well I now have working wipers. Bought a rebuild that was sitting on a local auto parts store for 21 years (for $30), did some rewire (not pulse wipers) and now I'm happy with 2 speed wipers and working washers.

So contrary to popular belief "I didn't reinvent the wheel" but I did have "the brains" to do what I had to do.
Well, good for you. I assume that you bought a non-delay equipped motor and did not convert it to delay...if I understand correctly.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, parts book says you have to swap the park switch (that terminal block with the solenoid, tangs and 3 prongs) from your old one to the new one. And also you'll need the circuit board cover. But good luck finding a new cover. Been discontinued for 7 years now. Saw one on ebay for 349.00.

As an oh by the way, 84-87 F-body (Camaro Firebirds) have the SAME exact wiper motors/cover/wsw pumps as the G-body of the same years. Just a thought. So if you're scavenging the yards and find a Camaro/Firebird, check their motor/cover. Same thing. 84-87 Corvette uses the same motor, but I think a different cover part number.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, parts book says you have to swap the park switch (that terminal block with the solenoid, tangs and 3 prongs) from your old one to the new one. And also you'll need the circuit board cover. But good luck finding a new cover. Been discontinued for 7 years now. Saw one on ebay for 349.00.

As an oh by the way, 84-87 F-body (Camaro Firebirds) have the SAME exact wiper motors/cover/wsw pumps as the G-body of the same years. Just a thought. So if you're scavenging the yards and find a Camaro/Firebird, check their motor/cover. Same thing. 84-87 Corvette uses the same motor, but I think a different cover part number.
Thanks for posting that information. It's good to know. it also helps minimize the search somewhat, or at least gives you different avenues to search for the part(s).

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
19179659 is the new part number for the motor. 195.xx list price, but Rockauto.com sells it for 104.xx. With the discount you get it for 99.55 or thereabouts. (price includes 15.00 core charge until you send in your old one.)

Here's an F-body diagram with part numbers for 84-87. G-body is the same as far as motor, cover and park switch goes. Apparently the WSW pump covers from 1894 models to 1987. 93 years worth. :) (bad at math)

1984-87 F-body G-body WSW parts explosion.png

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor