Help with rear seat options and pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS WAGON

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
Bucyrus, Ohio
Since its been so difficult finding a rear seat for my wagon I'm seeking other options if there are any. Who has or knows of any other seat configurations? I don't intend on using the fold flat rear deck system so I'm concerned with that. If need be I'll change the front seat to match the rear or what ever I just need to be able to seat 4 people. Please post pics if you have something other than the stock seat configuration. As always I appreciate any and all help from you guys!

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I saw a complete Buick La Sabre interior ( leather buckets) swapped into a G-body that looked awesome. Since they did make a wagon it might be an option.

imagesSOGHRY4F.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The stock seat uses a piano hinge, some scissor braces, and a set of latches to go up and down. If you don't need the seat to laydown you could just cut the back braces out of a sedan and weld them to the floor of the bed (with some basic structural framing), reuse standard G-body rear seating, and call it a day.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If I'm not mistaken, he's also missing the metal seat back which is part of the cargo floor system.
If that's not an issue with him, then perhaps he could use a coupe/sedan seat and fashion it to fit. To me, that would almost defeat the purpose of having a wagon.

LS WAGON

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
Bucyrus, Ohio
I really don't intend on hauling any thing other than a@@ so I don't need the fold flat seat. Although I do appreciate all the input.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Don't give up just yet, something will turn up.
Years back, a car that I stripped some parts from, used bucket seats in the rear as well as the front. That might be another option for you. I think it had seats from a Camaro in it. The seats looked pretty good in it, I must say.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Shipping shouldn't be that bad.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I would look into that one. You could probably have the seat shipped via Greyhound. Definitely worth contacting the yard.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If moving and shaking is your plan I wouldn't put the stock fold-down seat in because of how much it weighs.

And Jack, I did away with the "complete utility" of our wagon when I installed the baby-seat tether/harness bar; of course that baby-seat thing will be a moot point if I don't get this car on the road before they get to Jr. High. That and the girls can hold the plywood sheet over their heads on the way home if need be.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor