Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbodynate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2018
I have a beat up 1982 Monty carlo no rust with a 4.8 l ls with a s475 turbo running 15 lbs of boost car makes decent power car car 3 way adjustable shocks all the way around v6 springs up front car is completely striped out and meroso trick springs in back upper and lower adjustable controle arms 10.5 full drag slicks I have get to use trans break but have one i met up with a guy that (knows g bodys like no one else) ??? Said to put a foot ball in pasenger rear spring add 15 lbs of air and it wpuld fix everything it didn't! I still can't leave on break I still have no traction pinion is set at -2.5 and blows tires off all day every day warm cold what ever tires are maybe 1 year old at most ..... Ummm yeah I think thats it oh of course itbhas a gn rear 8.5 342 gear pleas help I have had countless people tell me countless things nothing that has really helped!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Try an actual air bag in the spring instead of a walmart football.

I've never had a turbo car before... but are you leaving with a lot of boost off the line? Maybe dial it back a bit and let it gradually build up... hopefully someone with more insight will chime in. Looks like you have all the right parts, just need to figure out how to have em all jive together.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Gbodynate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2018
Try an actual air bag in the spring instead of a walmart football.

I've never had a turbo car before... but are you leaving with a lot of boost off the line? Maybe dial it back a bit and let it gradually build up... hopefully someone with more insight will chime in. Looks like you have all the right parts, just need to figure out how to have em all jive together.
I am leaving on a vacuum at most 1 lbs I wpuld realy like to leave on 5 or 7 lbs spring pressure or maybe more

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Sounds like you're leaving too hard for the suspension set up. Try softer springs in the rear. The airbag is only there to counteract the torque twist. It doesn't do a damned thing if the rear of the car is 3ft high in the back. Some pics or videos of the launch would help. Also, a more detailed description of how it leaves and how you drive through it.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
What does the car 1/4 mi (or 1/8th) at and w/ mph?? What converter, is the posi working? With 10.5 slicks you should have plenty of tire, what compound are they? Are you running sway contol? What RPM are you launching at?

Last edited:

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Sounds like you're leaving too hard for the suspension set up. Try softer springs in the rear. The airbag is only there to counteract the torque twist. It doesn't do a damned thing if the rear of the car is 3ft high in the back. Some pics or videos of the launch would help. Also, a more detailed description of how it leaves and how you drive through it.

This makes sense to me.

Gbodynate, you didn't mention sway bars. If your suspension is too stiff the rear won't load properly. I run a Hellwig rear sway bar which I like for cornering but it is currently set too tight. Check out the video in my signature. During launch the rear wheels should be forced down.

Gbodynate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2018
20180723_140239.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor