Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2020
Hi guys im new to the g body community , my name is jonathan im 24 years old i have an 88 cutlass and i was wondering if you guys can help me i converted it to power windows all wires and window motors are ready to go im just stuck on were exactly can i connect it on the fuse box or how can i get the power to make them go up and down if any one can help me out id really appreciate it thanks in advanced
6F0BFF50-C17C-4365-87CE-7B8B6BFEA12E.jpeg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Not 88 specific but this should help
sosvic.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
You could either connect to one of the ports on the fuse box marked ACC (windows work in ACC or on position) or IGN (windows work in on position only). A better way would to run a fused lead from the battery, and use those ports from the fuse box to drive a relay. The factory wiring is not ideal and contributes to slow power window movement.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Jonathan, welcome to GBF.
Seattle, Wa. '78 Caballero, '79 El Camino.
Wageslave is right about the slow windows and adding relays. I have just finished a power window and door lock conversion over the last three weeks. Currently, my power is direct to the PWR slot on the fuse panel. I plan on getting heavier gauge wire and relays for a more permanent attachment.

Last edited:

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
5spdCab is right. Heavier wire is better for a couple of reasons. Heavier wire gets more usable power to the window motor (less resistance from the wire). This will make the window go up and down faster and under conditions of heavier demand. (Snow on windows, etc.) There is less chance that the wire will get hot under load. Running a constant hot with a relay allows you to open the window in and emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor