HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnse31

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2020
I am almost done ready to drive my 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 Convertible. But I cannot find the rear Brake Drums. When I bought the car they wasn't on it. I need the big drum it should measure approx 11inches X 2inches. Please help. Thank you

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Where are you located?
I may still have a set of Kelsey Hayes "Big Bell" uncut drums from my 1961 Olds Dynamic 88.
Picture from the web. The drums I have look like this. Fronts still have the hubs.

Big Bell Drum.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Kanter is another source for hard to find suspension/brake parts.

Johnse31

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2020
Where are you located?
I may still have a set of Kelsey Hayes "Big Bell" uncut drums from my 1961 Olds Dynamic 88.
Picture from the web. The drums I have look like this. Fronts still have the hubs.

View attachment 173735
932 Dillworth Rd. Eastliverpool,Ohio 43920

The studs are 5inches from the middle of one across to the other one I believe they are. 11" x 2" I don't have alot of money I can't work no more I came down with Stage 4 lung cancer and I am trying to finish this car with not to much money just so I can drive it a few times. Thank you for your response. If they measure the 5" inches for the 5 bolt pattern and 11"x 2" how much for the 2 ? Thank you very much. John. 724 683 1731

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You check with anyone at www.classicoldsmobile.com forum? There's a lot of "older" Oldsmobile iron lovers over there that may have exactly what you need, or exactly where to go get it. Just another avenue to get what you want.

Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
John,
Bad news...I checked my storage unit last evening and the drums are gone. 2 years ago I consolidated 2 units into one and sold off almost all of the Oldsmobile parts. Loved my 61 bubble top but knew I'd never have another.
There was a guy on the "Classic Oldsmobile" site who went by the name of "mobileparts" out of West Hempstead, NY. who was selling these drums. His name is Craig and his number listed was 516 485-1935. If he is still around he may be able to help.

Bob S.

Reactions: 1 user

Johnse31

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2020
Here you go...
THANK you
John,
Bad news...I checked my storage unit last evening and the drums are gone. 2 years ago I consolidated 2 units into one and sold off almost all of the Oldsmobile parts. Loved my 61 bubble top but knew I'd never have another.
There was a guy on the "Classic Oldsmobile" site who went by the name of "mobileparts" out of West Hempstead, NY. who was selling these drums. His name is Craig and his number listed was 516 485-1935. If he is still around he may be able to help.

Bob S.
THANK you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor