Helped daughter out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbodylady

Apprentice
Nov 22, 2020
Helped my daughter Alexis out tonight,she is 24 and now an owner of a 1985 Monte Carlo.She has always wanted one and glad I was there for her,I know where to look on the 1978 to 1988 Monte Carlos.Good thing is she had the money saved up.I told her ask me to come and check them out and I will.Proud of Alexis and she found a good one,a grandpa's car with 75,000 miles on it and no rust on it.Interior looks good too.Has not seen a winter at all and ran good.Test drove and she loved it.Only problems we found were leaking valve cover gaskets and an exhaust leak at the muffler.Was asking $5,000.00 and she got it for $4,500.Good thing is Alexis is mechanically inclined and will do the repairs herself.Will be picking it up tomorrow.Has a 305 in it and know the valve cover gasket set is cheap to buy

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
4 bolt, perimeter mount, tin body valve covers? OEM rocker cover gaskets burnt to a crisp and almost permanently welded to either the covers or the head rails? Oh, the fun of it all. Fel Pro does make a nice set of gaskets for the 1st gen heads with the four 1/4 inch bolts to hold things down. For my own I have a nice set of chrome covers waiting in their box for the final tweaking post re-fire. Eyes open for a bargain on a good set of aluminum covers. They are stiffer and stronger and don't deflect or bend during the install to create leaks.

That original, does it still have the single Y type exhaust pipe setup with the cat attached to the head pipe and then the muffler couples up to that? Bench or buckets? Mags or steelies? Pictures??

Enjoy your new toy and above all have fun with it.

Nick

Gbodylady

Apprentice
Nov 22, 2020
Original OEM valve covers and original exhaust.Bench seats and mag wheels.It is hers and she loves it,has already told her boyfriend he is not driving it.I only use Fel Pro gaskets,best gaskets I ever used

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Fel-pro is very good OEM replacement gaskets. GM even used them to make many of their engine gaskets (namely the valley pan gaskets for Olds V8s).

Reactions: 1 user

Gbodylady

Apprentice
Nov 22, 2020
I know anything for a small block Chevy is easy to get for very well.Know my small block Chevy stuff very well learning from a long time family friend whom passed 4 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor