Helpful Pics Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Alright guys there have been a lot of you asking a lot of questions concerning suspension and steering. I posted these pics in hopes that it will help you guys out when you go hunting in the junkyard.

First pic is and overall shot of my front end suspension and the braces. You can see the jounce bars with each one reach out to the front ends of the frame forming a "V". The horizontal bar closest to the front is the Gran Prix bar that mounts at the same points as the jounce bars. You can also see the fast ratio box with the 4 bolt cover. Fast ratio boxes never used the round top cover, always had the 4 bolt covers, and are 2.5 turns lock to lock. If you grab a fast ratio box, make sure to grab the pitman arm.

The last 3 pics are the Jeep Intermediate shaft. The ones you need to look for are out late 80's/early 90's plain Jeep Cherokees, NOT GRAND CHEROKEES! This one does not require any cutting. All you need to do is open the gap that connects to the steering column with a screwdriver and hammer so it goes on easily. Use a torch to heat up the center piece to help the smaller end slide into the top half and it slides to length. There are 3 different types of these jeep shafts, make sure get the right one.

Hope this helps. 8)

000_0744.jpg

000_0742.jpg

000_0730.jpg

000_0733.jpg

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Pat,
Nice pics and great details to what you were talking qbout...I'm sure this will help a few peeps out there 8)

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
When the driveshaft tore itself in half, the longer half of it was still attached to the trans and I believe it made contact with road. Since the motor and trans a bolted together in a "somewhat" fixed position, the contact with the road shoved the back of the trans upward, thus cracking the bellhousing in half. It sucked fixing, but gives me a reason to finally put in an OD 700r4 trans lol.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
pat mckinney racing said:
When the driveshaftstore itself in half, the longer half of it was still attached to the trans and I believe it made contact with road. Since the motor and trans a bolted together in a "somewhat" fixed position, the contact with the road shoved the back of the trans upward, thus cracking the bellhousing in half. It sucked fixing, but gives me a reason to finally put in an OD 700r4 trans lol.
I put one in my Camino a few years ago, I got a lock up converter control from painless wiring. It's fantistic on the road works great, much better than the old 350 trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor