Here goes nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
regarding Gen III vs Gen IV LS motors, be aware that the Active Fuel Management feature is on the IVs. A mechanic guy I know who used to work at the dealership on them mentioned that AFM lifters were always going bad, and those lifters run about $40-50 apiece...on RockAuto. He said you were better off just repacing them with standard LS lifters and then having the ECU re-programmed (I think) to disable the AFM feature.

05-06 were essentially a gen 3 with gen 4 rods and pistols. There was no AFM until 07. The 05-06 are the holy trail for low budget turbo applications.

Reactions: 1 user

rancher

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2017
Blackduck, MN
dyno'd my 81 cutlass a couple of days ago, got 582whp with pump gas and 15 lbs of boost, a real good day.

Attachments

• P8230002.JPG
    P8230002.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 348
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor