BUICK Here's a good laugh about values...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I cut up the same car for a donor...though it had been crashed. Touring package and all.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
51581658-e5fd-4c29-a57b-8b8e7a2ae514_text.gif

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I cut up the same car for a donor...though it had been crashed. Touring package and all.
You mean you don't think the values on these will follow the grand nationals? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You mean you don't think the values on these will follow the grand nationals? :ROFLMAO:
Probably go higher...I mean, it IS the full size luxury car! :LOL::blam::LOL:

They're good cars, but $30K good?...at the "magic" 30 year mark.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am knocking $5,000 off because it has a fake convertible top.

• Haha

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Probably go higher...I mean, it IS the full size luxury car! :LOL::blam::LOL:

They're good cars, but $30K good?...at the "magic" 30 year mark.
Maybe he's talking Canadian money... it's not worth so much,, and,, maybe they're desperate these days...

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
In my lowly opinion- that's hideous. There may be some usable parts in the drivetrain and suspension, maybe.

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Interesting side story....

Back when these cars were basically new the MA turnpike on i-90 was first implementing their electronic tolling system, it was optional then.

Well, it was also a time where, briefly, tolls were repealed on the western part of the state based on how the tolls were originally authorized and how all the investment was in the metro east area and big dig..

So, if you lived out in the western part you also got a free box just by asking for it, which allowed for your 'free' tolls to be processed without needing the tickets or the time of the collectors. (Normally the boxes had a monthly fee plus transactions)

Anyways, the terms of the program said you couldn't install or use them on the road master sedans,, wagons and similar models - something about the slope of the windshield and the transponder/readers unable to work at that angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor