Here's why I'll never buy a Landau top car

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
at lease he didn't try to hide it by leaving the top on but he is asking too much with no drivetrain

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I agree, I have seen enough cars on here that look super clean until they pull that vinyl off.
The only ones that have a better chance of being safe are ones like my Monte used to have that were installed after when a dealer sent it out to a conversion shop.

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
my GP had vurtually no rust under the vinyl when I removed it but that is because the GP was the high end model and more time was spent on building it. Due to the extra time spend on building the GP's there were fewer GP's built than the lower end G bodies... :popcorn:

blk7gxn

blk7gxn

G-Body Guru
Feb 7, 2019
my GP had vurtually no rust under the vinyl when I removed it but that is because the GP was the high end model and more time was spent on building it. Due to the extra time spend on building the GP's there were fewer GP's built than the lower end G bodies... :popcorn:
To be quite honest, the workmanship and quality of materials used across the ENTIRE "G" body line were much to be desired, as much as I love the G bodies, you can't dodge the facts.

P

PBGBodyFan

Master Mechanic
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
My half vinyl top was removed in 2002 and lived in a dry climate (NM), so there wasn't any rust thankfully. Even the roof is passable, some are left fairly crude.

Reactions: blk7gxn
pontiacgp

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
To be quite honest, the workmanship and quality of materials used across the ENTIRE "G" body line were much to be desired, as much as I love the G bodies, you can't dodge the facts.
I agree with you but they never expected these cars to be on the road past a decade. With the new cars I think their achilles heel is the avionics they have built the car around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W GN New here! New Users 2
M 1986 Buick Regal Here New Users 32
blk7gxn 2020 Cancelled car Show Events/ ONLINE CAR SHOW HERE! General Discussion 36
J Newb here! New Users 8
S Howdy Ya'll new guy from Cali here! New Users 3