Here's why our cars are rusty piles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
You southern boys don't know how good you have it. I took this while I was driving today.

20200121_105250.jpg

See all that white stuff on the road and that white fog in the air? That's not snow, that's all salt! That road is an asphalt highway that was just paved in September. The snow doesn't bother meat all, but this does!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I am shocked the environmentalists haven't got after the road salt thing.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Salts a natural, it doesn’t pollute. You need salt in your daily diet, just not on your car!

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I am shocked the environmentalists haven't got after the road salt thing.
In some areas they have.

Some areas use brine that dries on and doesn't fly up like powdered salt, and others use a mix that's somewhat like molasses and sticks like heck to both road and cars. Sill others have mandated "reduced/low salt" areas near watershed regions.

Really it's state by state.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
You southern boys don't know how good you have it. I took this while I was driving today.

View attachment 134058

See all that white stuff on the road and that white fog in the air? That's not snow, that's all salt! That road is an asphalt highway that was just paved in September. The snow doesn't bother meat all, but this does!

Hey, you do know what pagrunt does for work now. He puts that liquid brine all over the roads! He might be a traitor!

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area

View attachment 134058

I live near philadelphia and same thing, the roads are covered with salt. The streets are white and there are piles of salt everywhere! We got like a half inch of snow over the weekend and the township probably blew through there snow budget for the year. Now the bastards will probably want to raise our taxes!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hey, you do know what pagrunt does for work now. He puts that liquid brine all over the roads! He might be a traitor!
I just spread a 50/50 mix of salt & anti-skid in Strongstown/Heilwood/Rexis. The guys in the shed by you in Clyde dump 100% salt on 22 so the trucks can make it over Penn View. Now it's the Indiana Barn that does the brine & 100% salt on the 422 expressway.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas

No.... We do know. That crap is one of the reasons we live/like it in the South. If I want to experience a winter wonderland, I'll visit it. In a rental.

• Haha
  • Winner

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I really despise the salt on Michigan roads and usually have to wash the daily driver 3 times a week. Living in West Michigan makes it worse due to all the lake effect snowfall. The State Senate has passed a bill to investigate using beet juice or Geomelt to help reduce the use of salt. I welcome it....Salt is natural but it clearly has negative effects on the environment and obviously rots out our cars.

Description
GEOMELT® 55 sugar beet-based anti-icing/de-icing fluid is a natural, agricultural product that features ice control performance equal or superior to traditional brines, but less corrosive. GEOMELT® 55 anti-icing fluid is derived from a renewable sugar beet source and provides a versatile ice control process that is an attractive choice where environmental concerns are important.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor