CUTLASS Hey guys, i just joined here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krav84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2021
im in middle of saskatchewan in western canada, city of saskatoon. I grew up driving my parents 85 delta 88 as a teen. It was pretty cool car, lotsa fun times cruising with friends.
Currently doin ls swap into 84 cutlass.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
krav84, welcome to GBF from Seattle, Wa. '78 Caballero and '79 El Camino.
Tell us about the history of your Cutlass, and show us some pics. What other plans beside the LS swap?

krav84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2021
Other plans will likely include;
1. PAINT since only the roof and rear quarter panels has nice glossy paint, the rest is pretty sunbaked and need to be repainted. The Landau vynil roof has pockmarks in it like it was hail damaged so i need at a minimum to plastidip that just to waterproof it if not redo vinyl entirely or eliminate entirely and paint at same time as everything else.

2. then i imagine a new rearend or gearset is gonna be wanted since the stock gears are either 2.14 or 2.56 granny gears and 1 tire frier/no posi.
But so far a performance drop in rearend from a performance G-body that fits doesnt seem to exist anywheres close to saskatoon, so may have to go Ford 8.8/9 inch swap and make fit but dont know much about that as of yet.

3. then theres the spaghetti soft frame and suspension that could use lowering springs for looks and lower center of gravity, beefier sway bars and shocks although it still rides nice despite leaking worn out shocks, frame stiffeners, shock tower braces,

4 then a new wheel n tire package mostly for looks but also a bit tighter handling. it came with 205/75R14 from factory and has aftermarkets from that era that are 205 65/R15s. If i goto 205/50R16s it will share same size tires as my other car but i might goto 17s

I dont actually have any pics right now but my profile pic is kinda what i want it to look like.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome from Regina!

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
im in middle of saskatchewan in western canada, city of saskatoon.

My first real trip and international travel was to Saskatoon back in 96 to pit on a Formula1 boat team. Ran the race on the river between two major bridges.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor