REGAL Hey I'm Jeremy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

'78buick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2021
Hey I'm from Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada area. I just picked up a 1978 Buick Regal, I guess this is my introductory post......I think this is where I'd put this post...... Has 70,000 original KM's (43500 miles) it has a 305ci sbc looking to make er a good daily with some horses to play around with eventually, but of coarse that costs $$. I'm 20 and don't have a lot of extra $$ right now lol. The 305ci sbc has an RV cam. Edlebrock Intake and carb, aftermarket lifters, headers and full dual exhaust with new Thrush Rattlers. Sounds AMAZING lol. Frame rails are minty, the guy before me undercoating them, (needs to be done again) Hopefully that will be my winter project. Body is VERY rust free, and will be easy to clean up. Maybe a sleeper build (?) I think that would be cool. First "upgrade" I'd like to do is lift the rear to give it the proper rake it needs! Thanks for letting me join the group. Looking forward to learning a lot about G Body's

Attachments

• 20210816_211620.jpg
    20210816_211620.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welcome. Sharp ride. You'll need new slightly taller springs in the back if you want to permanently lift the car a little to get that rake you desire. Looks like the front is ok. You can always put new shorter springs in the front to drop the front end, but that's a lot of work compared to the rear springs.

Don't go too high, though. This ain't the 70s again.
039b47a60a76511197ec9363a4d9af47_post_apocalypse_air_shocks1546279053.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome to the site Jeremy,that's a clean pallet you're starting off with..you're ahead of the game already.

'78buick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2021
Welcome. Sharp ride. You'll need new slightly taller springs in the back if you want to permanently lift the car a little to get that rake you desire. Looks like the front is ok. You can always put new shorter springs in the front to drop the front end, but that's a lot of work compared to the rear springs.

Don't go too high, though. This ain't the 70s again.
039b47a60a76511197ec9363a4d9af47_post_apocalypse_air_shocks1546279053.jpg
Thank you! How tall is too tall then lol and where would you suggest getting some rear springs? And would you care to go into a little more detail on the dropping of the front end?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you can find some moog cargo coils for the rear, you'll do fine. I don't recall the numbers, hopefully others will chime in on which p/n is best for the height you want.

You can also take your current springs up front and cut a half coil off them, reinstall and it should drop you close to an inch or thereabouts up front.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
'78buick, Welcome to GBF from Seattle, Wa.
One of my favorite things, is to hear that some of the younger generation are interested in some of the older classic automobiles. You have a fantastic project that you will become proud of.

'78buick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2021
If you can find some moog cargo coils for the rear, you'll do fine. I don't recall the numbers, hopefully others will chime in on which p/n is best for the height you want.

You can also take your current springs up front and cut a half coil off them, reinstall and it should drop you close to an inch or thereabouts up front.
Awesome thanks! I'll keep an eye out!

'78buick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2021
'78buick, Welcome to GBF from Seattle, Wa.
One of my favorite things, is to hear that some of the younger generation are interested in some of the older classic automobiles. You have a fantastic project that you will become proud of.
I grew up going to car shows and in the last 7-8 years I've been going to the local drag strip! I love old classics 60s-late 80s! I wish more young people would like the old stuff instead of these rice rockets. But "you do you" is somthing I say a lot 😂

Reactions: 1 user

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
Love the raised rear-ends..Like a girl in High Heels

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor